Geopointe Ideas

How can we improve Geopointe?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I envision a schedule feature on top of the map showing you when and where the technician will be, then using existing dataset searches to o

Please make the event integration with mapping more sophisticated. Our company does not need to use routes, but to track the whereabouts of our filed technicians overlaid with open tech cases.

I envision a schedule feature on top of the map showing you when and where the technician will be, then using existing dataset searches to overlay cases, opportunities, opportunity type, etc. The missing component is the technicians schedule overlaid on the map and seeing details such as ETA, current location, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi, we are a Sydney based company and love what you provide. But would only be able to really use your system if we were able to drill down

Hi, We are a Sydney based company and although the mapping system you provide is great, we're not able to use it as you can only shade in an entire postcode, and not the individual suburbs within each postcode. It would be fantastic if you could consider doing this, as we'd love to subscribe to use Geopointe, but need this level of detail for our real estate business. Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create the route then add to SF

Currently I pick my accounts by mapping a single account and then select accounts within a designated area. It comes out to 6, 8 10 depending on the distance. once I see it mapped I go back into Salesforce and create a New Event for each one. Once the New Events are created I go back to GEO and Import them in. It would be nice to only do this once, Geo to SF instead of the other way around.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. combine / run multiple searches on map at once

I have to run 8 separate searches (with "clear map on search" disabled) to get the picture I'm looking for.
    there should be a way to mark all these and run them at once.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Area Code

On behalf of a customer- Can we get US area codes in shape library?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to shade/colour suburbs within a postcode rather than just the entire postcode.

Hi, we are a Sydney based company would love to be able to use your mapping system but really need to ability to colour/shade individual suburbs within a postcode rather than just the entire postcode, i.e. post code 2100, has 6 suburbs in it and we would want to be able to colour these individually, rather than as a block. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow KML and shape files to be associated with Salesforce records

We have a collection of various KML and GIS shape files that we would like to show on the map, as associated with a given opportunity, account, or asset. For instance, we have an account that we manage properties for. Each of the properties has already been created as a KML file. We would like to associate each KML file with that property, and assocatiate that property with the account.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CBSA: Geocoded Census Core Based Statistical Areas Codes and Titles

Currently Geocode information includes parsed and standardized information, in addition to the geocoded information, such as Street(clean), City(clean), State/Province(clean),Postal Code(clean),Country(clean),County(clean).

Are there plans to include Geocode information by address or lat/lon to include identifiers for Census Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSA) Codes and Titles (ie. "CBSA Code(Clean)", "CBSA Title(Clean)")?

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share routes with groups or roles.

I need to share multiple routes with a group of people everyday and would be more efficient if we could share the route with a group or a role.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Choose Calendar to Import to Route / Map

New import calendar feature is nice but it only allows you to map our own calendar. We have a call center who schedules appointments for our providers. They need access to import the provider's calendars rather than their personal calendar (ideally, with the ability to overlay multiple calendars on the screen) so that they compare accounts in the area and appointment availability.

Solution: add lookup field for user's to select which user's calendar to import.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to color Geoshapes based on parameter

It would be cool to have the ability to add Geoshapes from the library and than color those shapes based on the resulting records. For example, I might add a layer containing all counties in California, and than would want to color counties green when combined revenue exceeds 100K, yellow for 50-99K, etc.

posted on behalf of customer

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Color Map Markers by Date Buckets

Be able to color code markers based on a range of dates when using a date field i.e. between 2/1/15 and 2/10/15 = Blue. Dates after 2/10/15 = Red. Currently, each marker represents a unique date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make event columns available to export to excel from Geopointe

When exporting to excel would like to have the ability to add columns from cross object filter.

Use case: Would like Event Start and End time columns available to add when exporting to excel from Geopointe.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Splitting a Search into Routes

In our business, we carry out something called a Blitz Day. Basically we take a few Sales people, do a radius search around one of our locations to find prospect customers, then the team split into mini teams and go and visit these customers with there own unique route.

This was done using excel, but GeoPointe was bought to replace this, but I can't seem to do it... certainly not easily anyway.

My request is, once you have done a radius search, for there to be an option to split this search up into an equal number of routes. either…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Matt, really like this idea. In terms of us adding a feature, your last suggestion of having a “Add all to Route” action inside the menu of a drawn shape is the quickest to implement and gives you a foundation for what you need. We are looking into this and did add it as a feature in our dev system.

One idea for a solution right now would be to use the Change Owner feature. Could you use that to outline a shape and change the owner for the different users that will run the route? Then you could do new queries for each owner and Add All to Route. Or, better yet, you could have them run a My Accounts type of search when they are logged in and do it themselves. Just a thought.

We like the idea you proposed, but wanted to give you an option for…

16. Radial Searches on Multiple Addresses

Currently to do a radial search you need to type in the address for each location. Would it be possible to have a data set with multiple locations and do a radial search from each one of those?

ie. We have multiple branch locations and want to find all accounts that are within XX miles from each location. Currently I am doing this one at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To include something like this in the User Interface of the Map page, we need more feedback on this.

However, we do offer 2 ways you could accomplish this today…

1) Write code. Our Apex API class allows you to perform radial searches. If you were to write a batch job to process a list of data, you could get what you want.

2) In Analytics. Our Analytics offering has this exact feature. Might be worth looking into. Contact support@arrowpointe.com if you want to try out Analytics. This is a situation where you’d be copying your data to the SpatialKey platform (our partner) and performing what you need in just a couple clicks.

17. Convert latitude and longitude to Census tract

It would be very helpful if Geopointe would determine the U.S. Census tract from the latitude and longitude produced by Geopointe. That would enable us to figure out how many people we are reaching via Census tract and thus compare it to U.S. Census data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We like the general idea of appending data based upon lat/lon. We are beginning this with the introduction of our Territory Management solution coming out soon and will keep looking into it over time to allow other ways of appending.

Getting to the level of a Census Tract (very granular) is not super likely to be an early candidate. We like the idea, but realistically, appending other data would likely come first.

We’re leaving this open for more feedback. High demand will push this more to the top.

18. All Locations

Currently the Map allows the user to show their own Locations called 'My Locations', which is great, but as an organization with many business addresses, to have these setup for all users would be ideal. So my proposition is to allow the custom views of GeoLocations so they can switch from 'My Locations' to 'All Locations' or other saved views.
    Basically, carry over the views saved in the GeoLocations tab.

Hope that makes sense.

Matt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Assign marker shape in addition to marker color

We just started with Geopointe and I found that if I let the software predefine my markers and I map two data sets (e.g. leads and accounts), I end up with two different items in the legend using the exact same marker. I would like to be able to assign the marker shape to a data set en masse instead of value-by-value, such as have all my leads have a circle in the marker and have all my accounts be solid, so that at a glance I can easily distinguish two markers of the same color.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Is it possible for an superior to show which routes his team has for today on the same map.

Is it possible for an superior to show which routes his team has for today on the same map. For example:

Tijmen is the Senior accountmanager
    Bram and Rob are the Junior accountmanagers

Tijmen would like to view what the planning is for today. On this moment he wants to see in the map his own route. But he would also like to add the routes of Bram and Rob. So he would know in which zone which accountmanager is available.

He would see on the map thee routes, the route of himself, Bram and Rob. If it is possible…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Geopointe Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base