Skip to content

Geopointe Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

119 results found

1. Move address search box near other search functionality

For some reason the new release separates the address search box from the core search/layering functionality- which makes no sense at all. It's not intuitive or convenient. Please put it back where it belongs at the top of the search/map/layering section!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. More "Smart-Mapping" Integration into Salesforce

Stepping back a bit from SF & Maps, it seems like Geopointe is not integrated enough "into" normal SF daily routines? such as:

When working within Salesforce :
    - adding a Map to an Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity (how do I/end-user easily/quickly add a map to a layout?)
    - adding a Map to a List-view (end-users need to be able to quickly/on-the-fly view all/filtered customers on a map)
    - adding Map Export options (management needs to be able to quickly/on-the-fly export all/filtered customers to excel/kml/etc)

Having to "stop" and load the Geopointe app, then "think" thru data-sets & "plotting" options…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. demographic data on GDP for manufacturing

It would be nice to make some data sets for thermal graphing or mapped 'reporting" with GDP information. Manufacturing, in our case, to be specific.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. check-in related to custom object in an event

I like to have the possibility to do check-in and check-out directly on an event and the check-in should be related not only with standard object(like account) but also to custom object related to an event.So if I do a check in on an event it check-in must be related both to the event and the related object and the distance should be calculated considering the related object position.
    This is time saving and great for our information database.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to shade/colour suburbs within a postcode rather than just the entire postcode.

Hi, we are a Sydney based company would love to be able to use your mapping system but really need to ability to colour/shade individual suburbs within a postcode rather than just the entire postcode, i.e. post code 2100, has 6 suburbs in it and we would want to be able to colour these individually, rather than as a block. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SF Event - Meeting Location needs to converted as a GeoPointe

I imported my SF scheduled meeting events and noticed that it did not import the "address" that was listed in the "Meeting Location" within the SalesForce Event Activity.

I work with many contacts that we don't alway meet at their "mailing address" because they have multi-plants.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Summarizing All Opportunities, each with an attached Shape, to count Post/Zip Code

A shape can be associated with an Opportunity. That Shape may cover several post/zip codes. We'd like to be able to report on 100 Opportunities and show how many shapes have the same Postcode in common. Why? We want to show how many Opportunities are interested in buying land in the same Postcode. This request is similar to the Geopoint Idea - "Save a data set or shape "membership" to a Record" whereby a record falling within a shape is being counted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow for realtime updates off URLs to KML feeds.

There is the existing capability to pull in a KML file as well as the ability to put in a URL for a KML feed. This is great except it does not real time update. You have to repaste and save the URL to get most recent update. Example, pulling in KML feed from the National Hurricance Center (a live feed). T

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete nodes in polygon

I would love to be able to edit a freehand multi-point polygon by deleting the nodes or points, similar to what you might accomplish with a vector drawing tool. I find myself simplifying shapes sometimes and it requires wrangling together a lot of points that are no longer needed. Would be a lot faster if I could just delete them, then a straight line is drawn between the points in between.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Visual Difference in State and County Lines

When mapping a territory by county, its very difficult to differentiate between the state and county lines.
    Is there a way to change the look or color of the State Line while mapping counties?
    Just something to make clear where the state line lies.
    Unless of course I am missing that this is available somehow... Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need Full-screen View

Our Sales managers keep defaulting to Google Earth so I asked them why?

• 1) Full-screen - they like the large full screen in Earth and say Geopointe screen is too small/confined..

• 2) Distant Measurement - they have to measure distances between selected points

Currently I'm having to export a bunch of KML exports from Geopointe on a weekly basis, so they can view SF data in Earth..

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stylize Map to Black & White for better visibility of markers

I'd like the ability to have the road-based map stylized in black and white for better visibility of the markers. I know that OpenMaps has this option, not sure if I've seen this in Google's native API, but I have seen this desaturation trick work:

http://jsfiddle.net/alan1986/R5PXH/1/

This really makes the markers "pop" but you do not lose the usefulness of the roads/boundaries.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Love the idea. The consideration on our end is that Google has limitation on how many styled maps are loaded in a day. While I don’t see this as a huge use case, it’s what we have to consider before just implementing this.

13. Breakpoints on Markers by Field

Would like to be able to add additional marker breakpoints in between other breakpoints after running and viewing the data set. Currently, additional breakpoints can only be added to the bottom of the list and all of the breakpoints and colors then need to be manually moved one by one.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have over 400 accounts in the state of Iowa. It would be nice to have a feature that you can set to notify you if you are driving and you

I have over 400 accounts in the state of Iowa. It would be nice to have a feature that you can set to notify you if you are driving and you are a certain distance from an account. You could set the distance in miles, and have the app push a notification that you are within (User set the number of miles) a certain number of miles. There are many times when I am deadheading to an account and I wonder if there is an account in a town that I am driving by that I could make a quick…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hex Color in Custom Shapes

Make Hex color codes input available when creating custom shapes and not just the color gradient.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assign marker shape in addition to marker color

We just started with Geopointe and I found that if I let the software predefine my markers and I map two data sets (e.g. leads and accounts), I end up with two different items in the legend using the exact same marker. I would like to be able to assign the marker shape to a data set en masse instead of value-by-value, such as have all my leads have a circle in the marker and have all my accounts be solid, so that at a glance I can easily distinguish two markers of the same color.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Splitting a Search into Routes

In our business, we carry out something called a Blitz Day. Basically we take a few Sales people, do a radius search around one of our locations to find prospect customers, then the team split into mini teams and go and visit these customers with there own unique route.

This was done using excel, but GeoPointe was bought to replace this, but I can't seem to do it... certainly not easily anyway.

My request is, once you have done a radius search, for there to be an option to split this search up into an equal number of routes. either…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Matt, really like this idea. In terms of us adding a feature, your last suggestion of having a “Add all to Route” action inside the menu of a drawn shape is the quickest to implement and gives you a foundation for what you need. We are looking into this and did add it as a feature in our dev system.

One idea for a solution right now would be to use the Change Owner feature. Could you use that to outline a shape and change the owner for the different users that will run the route? Then you could do new queries for each owner and Add All to Route. Or, better yet, you could have them run a My Accounts type of search when they are logged in and do it themselves. Just a thought.

We like the idea you proposed, but wanted to give you an option for…

18. Share routes with groups or roles.

I need to share multiple routes with a group of people everyday and would be more efficient if we could share the route with a group or a role.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import a list of merchants into Geopointe so they are not visible to other users and not added to Salesforce

I want to import a list of merchants from an excel file into Geopointe. we do not have merchant records in salesforce

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Control visibility on auto-load KML maps

We auto-load multiple KML layers onto our standard maps, but would prefer that most of the layers loaded turned 'off/not visible'. We like having the maps autoload so that we don't have to load the KML layer everytime, but have to then turn off all the layers to see one layer at a time.It just needs on more set of checkboxes next to 'autoload' something like 'hide on autoload' -

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?