Geopointe Ideas

How can we improve Geopointe?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split sub shapes into individual shape records.

Would it be possible to have a checkbox when creating a Shape with Subshapes to create individual shapes for each sub shape rather than one Shape?

If I wanted to create an assignment Plan for MSA's today I would need to create each of those shapes manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. how to display with the same addresses ? Can't find the place explain it

There are lots of data we can't get the unique address?So would it be in the same place within a single point?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove layers from Salesforce1

With the new release you can add multiple data set layers within the Salesforce1 app. Unfortunately, I can't see how you can hide or remove an layer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Modifying labels (size) without losing color-coding

We are heavy users of Geopointe and Google Earth. The labels are HUGE and really clutter up the view. I can edit the label size in Google Earth but I have to hit “share style” for the folder before I can make any changes. The color coding gets changed to a single color as soon as I hit “share style”. I can either have giant labels or no color coding. I would like some ability to customize how labels are displayed when exporting to kml. The ability decrease the font size or even select no label at all would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding a Custom Link to the Label on the Shape

We have reps names on the map as labels and it would be great if we have an option where clicking on the label name would take user to the reps chatter profile page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Concept  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search by shape via API

Searching by a Map Object's shape would be very useful. We need reports on contacts in someones "territory".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  New Concept  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Note to Mapped Data

Add a note while in mapped data list view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Aggregate Data by State/Province

For marketing purposes, I would love to have a map that shows all the accounts we serve in each state/province in the US and Canada. It would be great if, instead of a single pin for each account, I could have a marker in each state labeled with the number of accounts served in that state. Even cooler would be if the markers were large for states with a lot of groups, and small for states with fewer groups.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More "Smart-Mapping" Integration into Salesforce

Stepping back a bit from SF & Maps, it seems like Geopointe is not integrated enough "into" normal SF daily routines? such as:
    > When working within Salesforce :
    - adding a Map to an Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity (how do I/end-user easily/quickly add a map to a layout?)
    - adding a Map to a List-view (end-users need to be able to quickly/on-the-fly view all/filtered customers on a map)
    - adding Map Export options (management needs to be able to quickly/on-the-fly export all/filtered customers to excel/kml/etc)

> Having to "stop" and load the Geopointe app, then "think" thru data-sets &…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Schedule hotels:

Search itineraries across multiple days and identify the most central hotel; perhaps even linking to reservations page

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Expose Active Filters via Merge Fields in Custom Actions

In the custom actions area, it allows you to expose merge fields to use as POST parameters for a VisualForce page. It would be great to be able to expose the active filter information such as data set(s) and or geographic shapes. What can be done with this information is creating custom actions that could log this information for auditing purposes in a separate object such as when you add campaign members, you would want an audit trail of the criteria used to pull that audience.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Concept  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sort alphabetically with blanks last

It would be helpful if when sorting a column alphabetically the blank values would be at the bottom instead of the top. My accounts are ranked A, B, and C, but not all of them have a value in that field. When I sort A-->Z, all the blanks are at the top instead of the As. It's the same way in Salesforce for most column sorts, but it's annoying.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hex Color in Custom Shapes

Make Hex color codes input available when creating custom shapes and not just the color gradient.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please return more results from each map view search. It helps to find more possible leads when reps are out or planning to go out..

Please return more results from each map view search. It helps to find more possible leads when reps are out or planning to go out..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiple google search layers on Geopointe AND Mass create records

We would like to see multiple layers of address & Places results(Google Search) on the map kind of like the clear map on search checkbox (e.g. show me Albertsons stores and Vons) It be nice to have something like a Clear map on search checkbox like the one used on the dataset. Once I have this data it be nice if I could 'Mass Create Records' on the map.

Then mass create records.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove dots from an existing shape while editing

Can we delete dots when editing shapes? When you have shapes that are very complicated/have many dots, and want to adjust the shape you have to move all of the existing dots without the ability to remove some of them if they are no longer necessary. So if you are going from a complicated/curvy line to a straight one, you'll have tons of dots to move all to a stright line.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have over 400 accounts in the state of Iowa. It would be nice to have a feature that you can set to notify you if you are driving and you

I have over 400 accounts in the state of Iowa. It would be nice to have a feature that you can set to notify you if you are driving and you are a certain distance from an account. You could set the distance in miles, and have the app push a notification that you are within (User set the number of miles) a certain number of miles. There are many times when I am deadheading to an account and I wonder if there is an account in a town that I am driving by that I could make a quick…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pin logic

Create the ability to add logic to the pins. For example create green pin markers for all the Accounts with a custom field attribute of A and have been called on in the Last 30 Days and create red pin markers for the Accounts with a custom field attribute of A and have been NOT been called on in the Last 30 Days.

Currently I have to create 2 search queries for every data set. This is cumbersome and is creating folders with an over abundance of data set to sort through and manage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Coloring Address Lines

We would love the ability to be able to color-code address lines so that the viewer can see immediately if there are any issues with one of the addresses.

For example, we use the mapping to keep track of scheduled appointments. If an appointment is in danger of being missed due to the current time, it would be nice to see that on the list. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Geopointe Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base