Geopointe Ideas

How can we improve Geopointe?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to Modify label font styling and font size on Map

Currently we have an option of adding labels to the shapes but if the shapes are too close the labels are overlapping and they can't be read so it will be great if there is a way we can modify the font size and style on the map to make it look much clear.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit shapes from the Library

It would be great if after saving a shape from the shape library you could edit it like you can with a drawn shape. For instance if a sales rep's territory is an entire state and a bit of one next to it (bordering metro area, large town near the border of a big state, etc)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Specific Data Set Totals on Shapes

It's great that when I have multiple searches on the map that I can see the total number of records inside of a shape. This works especially well when my searches are two different map object types (ex. Accounts vs Contacts). However, sometimes I want to compare the numbers of two data sets within a shape. It would be great if when viewing a shape I could see the total records but then also see the records broken out by data set, especially when running searches on the same map object (ex. Total = 9; Accounts (Customers) = 4; Accounts…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include route fields when exporting to CSV

I use route fields to show important information about my appointments, such as primary contact name and phone number. However, when I export the route to a CSV, only the name, address and start/end time appears in the spreadsheet.

If I set up a route to show a specific set of route fields in the Geopointe interface, please allow those to also appear as columns when I export to CSV

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color Rules Bucketing of Undefined Values

Example: color rules are defined for a handful of zip codes. Currently, the application will still assign different colors to every other zip code not in the pre-defined list, but with the default color scheme. Instead, we would like to be able to color specific zip codes and have all other zip codes be the same color.

92866 - Blue
    92840 - Yellow
    Any other value - Gray

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to pull relevant information about a shape regardless of data

When pulling information on shapes, the only data populated is information tied to data in Salesforce.

It would be useful to instead be able to pull all information associated with a shape (i.e. all zip codes within a shape, regardless of data points). The data is already there, it's just a matter of accessing it once someone builds a shape from "county" or "state" vs. "zip codes"

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. chatter on check in

Ability for a user to @mention someone (i.e. their manager) in their check out post. This way their manager is quickly notified of how the meeting went. Avoids use of email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cross object fields returned in searches

I understand this would take a lot of configuration, but if I am filtering by cross object, accounts with opportunities stage = closed won, be able to have those related opportunities fields display in the search results. If an account had multiple opportunities that met the criteria list the account multiple times in the results.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow for NAIC Code Prospect Search

Being able to use the latest search feature to find new prospects and locations via NAIC code would be invaluable to businesses that generate prospective customers based on their specific line of business. Integrating this with your advanced mapping tools would greatly increase the efficiency of on-the-go searches for nearby businesses.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  New Concept  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow KML and shape files to be associated with Salesforce records

We have a collection of various KML and GIS shape files that we would like to show on the map, as associated with a given opportunity, account, or asset. For instance, we have an account that we manage properties for. Each of the properties has already been created as a KML file. We would like to associate each KML file with that property, and assocatiate that property with the account.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove the Limit Search

When working on getting the big picture for an area, it would be nice not to be limited to only 20. Working in a small area that may be ok. But being able to see all the coffee shops in a metro area would be much more helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Concept  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set default marker styles/colors

It would be cool to be able to set default marker colors on a map object so that any data sets created would start with that as a default and perhaps even be able to lock it so that only certain users could override that when creating data sets. The use case here for our client is that we want to be able to set the colors for opportunity stages so they are consistent across the company.

It might also be nice to be able to apply that default to all data sets created from that map object after the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to use Assignment Plans for lead assignment rules.

We allocate leads via the Salesforce lead assignment rules when they come in off of a web form.

We would like to replace our current method of assigning them through a number of rules with the Assignment Plans functionality, but right now the process of geocoding and assigning doesn't handle the process quick enough to do so.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple google search layers on Geopointe AND Mass create records

We would like to see multiple layers of address & Places results(Google Search) on the map kind of like the clear map on search checkbox (e.g. show me Albertsons stores and Vons) It be nice to have something like a Clear map on search checkbox like the one used on the dataset. Once I have this data it be nice if I could 'Mass Create Records' on the map.

Then mass create records.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Open Multiple Location Flags (or pin names) at the same time.

As all the pins appear, we naturally hover over each to see who they are. Then we click into the Pin to see the details flag. Back and Forth, Back and Forth... I'd love to be able to keep multiple flags open at the same time. Having the flag location be adjustable for printing maps would be great too.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. See the data list without needing to scroll down the page

When I map data, I see the map first and a list below. The list is great because it has all of the details, but it would be really nice to see the list of records inline with the Map so I don't have to scroll down. Even if it's not the entire table and just the name of the record, that'd be a big win.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Select many rows in list by using Shift

When selection many consecutive rows in the list below the map you need to select on by one. It would be great if you could select many by using Shift as you do in many applications.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove dots from an existing shape while editing

Can we delete dots when editing shapes? When you have shapes that are very complicated/have many dots, and want to adjust the shape you have to move all of the existing dots without the ability to remove some of them if they are no longer necessary. So if you are going from a complicated/curvy line to a straight one, you'll have tons of dots to move all to a stright line.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it easier to analyze check ins

Our team uses Geopointe Mobile and our users are checking in. I am able to setup Check Ins as a Map Object now to view them on the map, but it seems like a more customized UI for this purpose could be created.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  New Concept  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need hyperlink alternative for the marker popup screen

Default behavior for marker popup screen 'Label' is to be as a link, which uses the href as '/sfdcid' but the same doesn't work in case of communities especially with lightning templates and results in bad url.

Need to have the flexibility of showing the name as link or plain text, should be configurable.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Geopointe Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base