Geopointe Ideas

How can we improve Geopointe?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to color Geoshapes based on parameter

It would be cool to have the ability to add Geoshapes from the library and than color those shapes based on the resulting records. For example, I might add a layer containing all counties in California, and than would want to color counties green when combined revenue exceeds 100K, yellow for 50-99K, etc.

posted on behalf of customer

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Geopointe to work with Apple Maps & Apple CarPlay for Route Navigation on Day of Travel

I would like to request a new feature update to consider for a future release of Geopointe. We have several Outside Sales Reps that utilize Apple Maps and Apple CarPlay when in their vehicles. Currently on their day of travel when they open their planned route, they can only trigger navigation with Google Maps (which does not interface with Apple CarPlay). Is it possible for you to look into updating your application to push navigation routes to Apple Maps which in return will work with Apple CarPlay. Apple CarPlay is becoming more popular with newer vehicles and is really a…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Different Marker Colors for Route Locations

I have created a data set that uses different colored markers for different types of opportunities. When I run a search, those various markers are displayed correctly. However, when I add them to a route and view the route (in the print PDF view), all the markers are the same color.

Is there a way to show the different colored markers in the print PDF view? This would help our salespeople know which types of opportunities they are visiting.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change a data set color on the fly

I'd love to be able to go to the map legend and change the data set color within the legend or on the map.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Admin to set default layer

Allow the admin to set default layers for users. One less step for a user to do.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search field list when creating filters

It would be great if you could search the list of filter fields like you can in Salesforce report building. So if I was looking for "invoice date" but had multiple date fields (close date, invoice dat, start date, etc) I could search the word "date" and see everything with "date" in the field name even if it wasn't the first word in the field.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't allow multiple clicks on "save" button

Currently when creating new accounts in Geopointe using the "Create Account" button, it is possible to click the "save" button multiple times and each click creates a new duplicate record. This is a big problem for our sales reps working with slower internet connections who might not know if the first click worked if there is a delay, and for "click-happy" reps who click multiple times if they don't get an instant response. The button should grey out after you click it or at least not create more records when you click it multiple times.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create the route then add to SF

Currently I pick my accounts by mapping a single account and then select accounts within a designated area. It comes out to 6, 8 10 depending on the distance. once I see it mapped I go back into Salesforce and create a New Event for each one. Once the New Events are created I go back to GEO and Import them in. It would be nice to only do this once, Geo to SF instead of the other way around.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Census information demographic for Canada

Data demographic for Canada would be useful, as the demographic only seems to be for US right now.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to send a complete Geopointe report to another user.

Not all of our Geopointe users are in the same office nor do they have the same skill set. We'd be interested in functionality that allows you to build a report with the option to forward that to another user via email. Once the end user receives the email, the link provided prompts them to Geopointe to view the report. Some of our data sets are complex so there is a lot of trial and error and we find ourselves forwarding the CSV attachment losing out on the Geopointe functionality!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Concept  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expand filter criteria on SpatialKey Visualization

Currently for SpatialKey filter-only pod only "equals", "contains" and "begins with" are available for criteria. Would like to see not equal to and does not contain for additional criteria

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Analytics / SpatialKey  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable/keep "color by field" rules for routes

We love the "color by field" option to have the markers themselves provide information...but that doesn't work when looking at a route. it would be helpful to be able to edit those markers. Or even better, when creating a route from a data set with markers, provide the option to carry the marker colors over from the data set.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove layers from Salesforce1

With the new release you can add multiple data set layers within the Salesforce1 app. Unfortunately, I can't see how you can hide or remove an layer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I envision a schedule feature on top of the map showing you when and where the technician will be, then using existing dataset searches to o

Please make the event integration with mapping more sophisticated. Our company does not need to use routes, but to track the whereabouts of our filed technicians overlaid with open tech cases.

I envision a schedule feature on top of the map showing you when and where the technician will be, then using existing dataset searches to overlay cases, opportunities, opportunity type, etc. The missing component is the technicians schedule overlaid on the map and seeing details such as ETA, current location, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need Map button on record in SF1

Right now, I use the publisher action in SF1 to mimic the map button on the record in Salesforce desktop version
    http://help.arrowpointe.com/customer/portal/articles/2096553.

The problem with option is that I often lose my position and unable to navigate back to my record where I clicked on the map publisher action.

Would it be possible to add a map button in SF1 that will allow me seamlessly navigate back to my record?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drive thematic maps legend by specific totals

Add a thematic map setting that allows for the legend to have the specific totals, not just a range.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. demographic data to show up on accounts (or export on the csv file in an additional data row)

creating a way to get the demographic data to show up on accounts (or export on the csv file in an additional data row) I would think you guys are even more awesome.

Example: We use the median age layer to see which of our accounts fall within areas of high median age. Right now we just eyeball it. If we could export the csv with the median age on every account, we could further improve our sales efforts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to assign geographic shapes to a dataset.

The ability to create a dataset in a public folder that you can share with other team members, and for a specific geolocation or shape to pull up when they view that dataset. For example, if you want to create and share a dataset for New York City leads, and always have that map view pull up with that dataset.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs more feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. External layers allow browse to hard drive

I have KML files on my hard drive and don't want to use an external url for mapping. I would like the opportunity to browse for a KML file

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Geopointe Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base